Based in Tallinn, Estonia
February 8th, 2019
Voidship: The Long Journey is a 2D top-down space combat/strategy game. In Voidship you are the captain of a modular spaceship entrusted with an uncertain mission. You are to fix up your spaceship, assign your crew to battle stations, gather resources and set off to the unforgiving space. Not knowing what lays ahead you´ll need to choose your strategy carefully. Will you lead a titan warship and obliterate your enemies? Or will you rely on speed and sabotage? Your actions will ripple through hundreds of years to come, determining the fate of the galaxy. If you love exploring and battling through unknown quadrants of space with a fully customizable warship… Voidship: The Long Journey is for you!
Voidship: The Long Journey is a longtime personal project of mine. I've been developing it for years on the side of my professional gamedev career. I’ve been fascinated with space since I was very young. Books, movies, tv shows, I loved diving into different sci-fi visions of humanity’s future in the stars. This obviously collided with my love of gaming very early on. Most of my top 10 games of all time are space games or closely related to space themes. Master of Orion II, Homeworld, Homeworld: Cataclysm, Startopia, the Mass Effect series etc. Playing these games as a youngster made me want to create my own. A little more about the history of it here: http://cydonian.games/development/voidship-beginning/
- Real time 2D space combat – Battle against a variety of unique evolving alien races.
- Custom modular ship – Combine weapons and special modules to build a ship suited to your style of play. Your route to victory might be a slow powerful warship armed with mines and nukes. Or build a fast long-range shuttle to beat your enemies guerilla style.
- Travel time as part of the strategy – Your travel in space takes hundreds of years, your crew will age and ship will deteriorate. Plan your long-term strategies well.
- Randomly generated maps and rogue-like gameplay – Each playthrough a new randomly generated world to explore.
- Complex strategic gameplay – Pause the game at any moment to see a tactical overlay on your enemies and their weaknesses. Use Ion Bombs to disable specific enemy systems, deploy defense satellites, lay mines. Learn your enemies weaknesses and discover new technologies to be able to beat them..
- Crew management – Gather/recruit and manage crew members. Each will give you unique bonuses, affecting the abilities of your ship and battle outcome.
- RTS or shooter control interface – At any point during battle gameplay you can switch between RTS or shooter mode.
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Voidship: The Long Journey. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Development posts, How-To posts about gamedev etc. cydonian.games.
A playable demo. cydonian-games.itch.io.
Marketing Materials: images
Quick download images drive.google.com.
Marketing Materials: logo
Quick download logo drive.google.com.
Follow us on Steam. store.steampowered.com.
About Cydonian Games
Estonian game studio developing the 2D top-down space combat/role-playing game Voidship: The Long Journey.
More information on Cydonian Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Voidship: The Long Journey Credits
Solo developer, Programmer, Game designer, Artist
Previously Additional Programming, Sound design
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks