Voidship: The Long Journey is a 2D top-down space combat/strategy game for old-school inspired space game lovers.
You are the captain of a modular spaceship entrusted with a mission which might take centuries to complete. Gather resources, crew, and technology to build your spaceship into a titan warship to fulfill your objective.
If you love exploring and battling through unknown quadrants of space with a fully customizable warship… Voidship: The Long Journey is for you!
Buy the game on STEAM
- Real-time 2D space combat – Battle against a variety of unique evolving alien races.
- Custom modular ship – Combine weapons and special modules to build a ship suited to your style of play. Your route to victory might be a slow powerful warship armed with mines and nukes. Or build a fast long-range shuttle to beat your enemies guerilla style.
- Travel time as part of the strategy – Your travel in space takes hundreds of years, your crew will age and ship will deteriorate. Plan your long-term strategies well.
- Randomly generated maps and rogue-like gameplay – Each playthrough a new randomly generated world to explore.
- Complex strategic gameplay – Pause the game at any moment to see a tactical overlay on your enemies and their weaknesses. Use Ion Bombs to disable specific enemy systems, deploy defense satellites, lay mines. Learn your enemies weaknesses and discover new technologies to be able to beat them.
- Crew management – Gather/recruit and manage crew members. Each will give you unique bonuses, affecting the abilities of your ship and battle outcome.
- RTS or shooter control interface – At any point during battle gameplay, you can switch between RTS or shooter mode.
- Highly moddable – All game scripting data is easily accessible.
We have a press kit for journalists.
Read about recent updates in our Dev blog.
Join our Discord chat and meet fellow space game fans.
Or get to know me on Twitter.